Sunday, February 1, 2009

Short and Sweet

I would love to pontificate all day about any number of topics. But the truth is, I have managed to get the flu for the second time in three weeks. My wife also has it, and I am anticipating my daughter getting it again. It is also Superbowl Sunday, and my beloved Steelers are in the Big Game. But instead of running around making meatballs, cooking wings, cutting up celery, mixing ranch dressing and making queso dip, (not to mention the few beers I would absolutely be having on this great day), I am playing defense. Defense from flu germs, defense from my phone, defense from my emails and defense from letting this normally great day slip away. I hope that defense is the theme for the day, and the Pittsburgh Steelers' defense finds a way to shut down Air Warner and the High Flying Cardinals. On the positive side, I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be feeling any ill-effects of alcohol tomorrow morning as I try and drag myself to work.

Enjoy the game everyone!

1 comment: